Head Chef Brandon Strebel shares his recipe for Seared Scallops with a Yellow Pepper Puree.
Yellow Pepper Puree
Yield 1-¼ cups
- 2 large Yellow Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ¼ cup Water Salt Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Cut the pepper in half and remove the stem, seeds and white rib from inside.
2. Cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
3. In a small saucepan combine the peppers, butter and water. Bring to a simmer then cover the pan.
4. Turn the heat to low and cook the peppers for about 25 minutes.
5. Add the peppers to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
6. Add the 2 tablespoons to the blender and mix well.
7. Strain through a fine sieve.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Scallops Scallops Butter Salt Butter
1. Sear the scallops in a hot pan with the butter, only 2-3 minutes per side depending on the size of the scallops.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
Did you know Blue Lemon caters events of all sizes?